Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Mother's Day!

Our Challenge for this month is to create something for Mother's Day that included a dimensional flower.  I chose to make a pin. This is a play on when I was little and I remember all the moms having corsages on Mother's Day at church.  I used the Mom stamp (822D).

I used felt and my sizzix to cut out flowers. I then stacked all sizes together and attached them together with a brad.  I glued a pin back on.  Then I took a small piece of cream cardstock and stamped Mom on it.  I then corner punched it and added some lines and inking around the edge.   It would be super easy to remove the mom and use the pin as a hair bow, or purse decoration as well.

Check out the other designers as well:



And as always don't forget to check out Serendipity Stamps! Mary runs a great site, has great sales, and links to the gallery and blog.


2 comments:

Miriam said...

Too cute Amy! Hope your Mom enjoys it.

Jeanne J. said...

What a sweet idea - you brought back lots of great memories for me - buying an orchid corsage for my mom for church! Those were the days!