Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!


Our second September challenge for Serendipity Stamps was to create a Halloween Project.  I used my favorite Halloween stamp of all time Fraidy Cat Cling Set (1119QCL).  I stamped the image cut it out, and colored it with copic markers.  I then mounted it to scalloped circles with foam tape.  Then I cut a strip of black and punched the edge with the Martha Stewart ooze edge punch.  Then scoring it I folded it into a circle.  I stamped the sentiment on an oval and tied it all up with bakers twine.

I do love to have little bits hanging around my house for the holidays.  Here is a side view to see the layers and dimension. I also gave it a little extra pizzazz with buttons, and some dots.

Hope you enjoy all the creations from the other designers....

And as always don't forget to check out Serendipity Stamps! Mary runs a great site, has great sales, and links to the gallery and blog.  Her trick or treat special which will run till September 28th is 20% off any stamp from the Halloween section.





4 comments:

Helen Berry said...

Oh wow, Amy this is so incredibly cute!! What a sweet wall hanging - love the little Fraidy cat stamp and the ooze edged rosette you made is brilliant! x

Cathy Weber said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I love this wall decor Amy. That side view really shows off the dimension, so glad you shared that angle view. I love those little dots you added, so amazing that such a simple touch adds so much to a project. Very cute idea you came up with and of course, the coloring is beautiful.

Miriam said...

What a cute wall hanging! Looks like it took lots of work. Great job!

Jeanne J. said...

Your "fraidy cat" is the sweetest ever! This is sure to brighten ANY room and add so much fun for Halloween! I love the sparkle and the twine - and of course your coloring! Love that close up side view too!