Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!


Our second September challenge for Serendipity Stamps was to create a Halloween Project.  I used my favorite Halloween stamp of all time Fraidy Cat Cling Set (1119QCL).  I stamped the image cut it out, and colored it with copic markers.  I then mounted it to scalloped circles with foam tape.  Then I cut a strip of black and punched the edge with the Martha Stewart ooze edge punch.  Then scoring it I folded it into a circle.  I stamped the sentiment on an oval and tied it all up with bakers twine.

I do love to have little bits hanging around my house for the holidays.  Here is a side view to see the layers and dimension. I also gave it a little extra pizzazz with buttons, and some dots.

Hope you enjoy all the creations from the other designers....

And as always don't forget to check out Serendipity Stamps! Mary runs a great site, has great sales, and links to the gallery and blog.  Her trick or treat special which will run till September 28th is 20% off any stamp from the Halloween section.





4 comments:

Helen said...

Oh wow, Amy this is so incredibly cute!! What a sweet wall hanging - love the little Fraidy cat stamp and the ooze edged rosette you made is brilliant! x

Cathy Weber said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! I love this wall decor Amy. That side view really shows off the dimension, so glad you shared that angle view. I love those little dots you added, so amazing that such a simple touch adds so much to a project. Very cute idea you came up with and of course, the coloring is beautiful.

Miriam said...

What a cute wall hanging! Looks like it took lots of work. Great job!

Jeanne J said...

Your "fraidy cat" is the sweetest ever! This is sure to brighten ANY room and add so much fun for Halloween! I love the sparkle and the twine - and of course your coloring! Love that close up side view too!