Tuesday, June 5, 2012

America the beautiful!

Our Challenge for this week is to make a patriotic card, and to use glitter.  I chose the America the Beautiful stamp (318E).  I stamped the stamp on a die cut, and inked the edge in blue and added a thin black border.  Then to make it pop a bit more I colored the leaves in red, white, and blue.

For the base of the card I masked it off and inked blue and red in the patter of the American flag.  And then I brought in the glitter.  For the white stripes I used a super sparkly glitter.  I think it really makes the background pop.  Then I mounted the die cut with foam tape, and added a black card stock border to the back.  

Be sure to check out all the other amazing designs:

And as always don't forget to check out Serendipity Stamps! Mary runs a great site, has great sales, and links to the gallery and blog.

4 comments:

Pauline said...

This is fab! Love the sparkly strips on your flag, a fabulous card!

Jeanne J. said...

Oooh I love the glittery stripes and the way you added a bit of red and blue to the leaves on the stamp. Makes them really stand out!

Sue eldred said...

This is so pretty.

Miriam said...

Great use of the sentiment and smart idea using a flag as the background!